- 20 of the most fragrant elderflower heads from the Water of Leith Walkway
- 1 sliced lemon
- 2 tsp of citric acid (Edina Home Brew will sort you out)
- 1.5 kg (3.5 lbs) of sugar
- 1.2 ltr (2.5 pints) boiling water
- Boil a kettle for the water.
- Fill a bowl or small bucket with all the other ingredients.
- Pour the water over the other ingredients and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Skin the surface of the water to get rid of the scum that can arise. Cover with a pillow case.
- Stir twice a day for five days.
- Strain though a pillowcloth and decant into sterile screw topped bottles. Refrigerate.
- Dilute with 5 parts water to serve to guerrilla gardeners.